Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Pie Chart widget is a part vs total visualization widget that is applicable to values across multiple metrics, it belongs to the Analysis category. This widget best suited to visualize how much of the total each separate value represents, such as the mass of parts vs the total mass of material.
To add the Pie-chart widget, please follow the below steps:
Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select Pie widget from Analysis type as shown below.
3. In the next Widget Configuration screen we can configure all Pie Chart widget parameters including title, significant figures, size, and data slots as shown below.
4. First step is to set a title for the Pie Chart, optionally set Significant Figures, Decimal Places, and the preferred Value Type parameters as shown below.
5. The next step is to define a group of metrics to display in the widget. This is done by assigning each metric of interest to a different Slot within the widget. Each Slot is displayed in a different color and its size is determined by the proportion of relevant metric to the sum of values for the entire group of metrics assigned to the Pie Chart widget.
6. In the example below, we are defining a slot for metric "Sag Mill Ball_Mass (t)" that belongs to asset "SAG Mill".
7. Marked by red in the above picture is Slot's name which will appear in the legend for the Pie Chart widget. Slot's name will be auto-generated based on asset name or can be manually edited using Name edit window in Slot Options panel.
8. To assign an asset to Slot 1 you first find it in the Assets panel, select it (marked by green in the above picture) and then click on the Asset window in the Slot Options panel (marked green as well). Selected Asset name will be copied automatically.
9. To assign metric to Slot 1 you first find it in the Metrics panel, select it (marked by blue in the above picture), and then click on Metric window in Slot Options panel (marked blue as well). Selected Metric name will be copied automatically.
10. Note: list of metrics in the Metrics panel is filtered by an asset currently selected in the Asset panel.
11. Repeat the same process for all metrics you would like to see in the Pie Chart widget, create a new Slot for each new metric using the Add Slot button. Each time you complete the Slot definition please click the Update button at the bottom of the Slot editing panel. This allows you to see a preview of the new widget in the Preview panel at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
12. Once all Slots are defined you can use the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to add a new Pie Chart widget to your dashboard.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).