Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Line widget is a time series graph widget that belongs to the Analysis category. It is best suited to visualize continuous-time data and tracking changes and trends.
To add the Line widget, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In Select Widget Type screen select Line widget from Analysis type as shown below.
3. In the next Configure Your Line Graph screen we can configure all line widget parameters.
4. The first step is to find a metric of interest. You can look for a metric in two ways:
- browsing through the structure of assets and their metric (shown above);
- searching by asset and metric name (shown below);
5. Once you have found the metric of interest you can drag and drop it to the next Data Sets panel.
6. Preview panel shows a preview of the graph as it will appear inside the Line widget on your dashboard. In the example below, we are building Line graphs for the Thickener Pressure metric.
7. To further customize the widget you can edit the metric name as it appears in legend and modify the graph title.
8. To edit the metric name for the graph legend hover mouse over the metric name in the Data Sets panel and click on the Pencil icon to open the edit window as shown below.
9. Add a graph title by clicking on it in the Preview panel.
10. After selecting a metric, editing the metric's name in the graph's legend, and modifying the chart title the widget is ready to be added to your dashboard. To do that please click the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).
- How do I add and manage dashboard widgets?
- What is brains.app dashboard and how do I add a new one?
- What is an Asset Hierarchy in brains.app?