Applies to: brains.app Platform
Users who can do this: Administrator
Note: The general administration of metrics is described in the article Administrating metrics.
What is a CONSTANT metric?
A CONSTANT metric is a metric using CONSTANT as its source in the metric's configuration.
The value of these metrics remains constant for a period of time until the next change in the value is recorded manually in the system.
This type of metric returns a constant value specified when creating it.
Learn more about How to record Constant Metric data manually in brains.app.
ADD Constant Metric
To add a Constant metric to brains.app, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the administration icon on the left navigation panel to open the Admin menu.
- Click on Metric Admin in the menu to access the Administrate Metric screen.
- Click on the ADD METRIC button to add a new metric to brains.app
- Fill in the below field details in the New Metric form:
- Name: Type a metric name as described in the article How to name a metric?
- Unit: Select the unit of measurement for this metric.
- Icon: Select an icon to represent this metric.
- Source: Select the data source to be CONSTANT.
- Value: Enter the value of this constant metric.
- Cumulative: Tick the checkbox, if this value needs to be cumulated.
Learn More about which units of measurements allow cumulation here- Cumulative metrics.
- Colour: Select a colour for this metric label.
- Mongo Metric Name: Set it to the same value as Name.
- Click on the CONFIRM button, to add the new metric successfully.