Note : Any brains.app User can do this.
Brains.app introduces a new interactive widget known as the Data Input Widget.
This is an improvement to the Single Data Entry feature,which allows user to enter contextual data manually into the application.
Hence the user can use the Data Input widget to perform the same action as in single data entry while monitoring on the same dashboard.
To configure a Data Input widget to your dashboard, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to a user-defined dashboard and click on the "+" Add Widget icon on the dashboard toolbar.
- Scroll down the screen to find the Interactive Widget and click on the Data Input Widget.
3. Lets configure the Data Input table now, the configuration screen comprises of a list of Metrics, Data Set and Preview sections.
4. The metrics column lists all the Asset and Metrics categorised by the data input type that is Singular,Interval and Constant.
5. Switch between the tabs to select the data input type.
6. Type a Asset/Metric name in the Search field to look for a metric in the list under the Singular tab.
7. Drag and drop the Metrics from the list to the Data Sets column.
8. The data input table is generated in the Preview section as per the metrics chosen.
9. The Preview section does not allow user to upload data in to the application.
10. Type the widget name in the Preview section.
11. Click on the Save button, to save the new widget successfully.
12. The new widget should be successfully populated in your dashboard now.
The Data Input Widget is displayed on the dashboard with the below field details:
- Metric Name
- Action Button (Add)
- Action Button (Edit)
Know more about how to use the widget to enter data to brains.app Here.
Below is a visualization of the widget configuration in brains.app.