Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: Administrators
Once a metric is created it can be associated with an asset of interest. This article describes steps to add existing metrics to an asset.
To add existing metric(s) to an asset, we first check they exist in brains.app using the Metric Admin section and then add them to a selected asset using Asset Admin.
- Open the metric admin section by first clicking on the "wrench" icon and then on Metric Admin on the left panel.
2. Search for metrics you would like to add by typing in the Search window to check if they exist in the system. Below you can see an example of metrics search with the "shift" keywords in their names.
3. Navigate to the asset metric admin section by first clicking on the "wrench" icon and then on Asset Metric Admin on the left panel.
4. Search for an asset of your interest by typing its name in the Search window. "Edit" icon is available for each asset in the resulting list. Below you can see an example of assets search with the "VOS" keyword in their names.
5. Open the edit panel for the asset by clicking the "edit" icon. Below is an example of an Asset Edit panel with the "ADD" button available to add new metrics.
6. Open the Metrics to Add panel by clicking the "ADD" button and search for metrics you would like to add in the Search window. Below you can see examples of metrics with the "shift" keywords in their names.
7. Select metrics of interest and click the "ADD" button to add them to the asset.
8. Check those new metrics have been added successfully by searching inside the Asset Edit panel using the Search window.
At this point, new metrics have been added to an asset and can be used to create dashboards or create new metrics within the asset context.