Note : Any brains.app User can do this.
To know more about an Asset in the Search and Asset Hierarchy screen, click on the Info icon for the Asset.
The Asset Information has been categorised into three different tab as below :
- Basic - The screen provides user with the information about the Asset.
- Files - The screen allows user to upload a file of the Asset.
- Logs - The screen allows user to view/edit the Asset Logs.
Click on each of the tab to see the Asset Information in Details. The Basic Tab is selected by default.
Click on the Basic tab to see the Asset details as below :
- Serial Number
- Date of Production
- Date of Commission
The user can only view the details.
Click on the Files tab ,to upload and manage a file for the Asset.
Follow the below steps to upload/download and delete a file :
- Click on the Upload button in the screen.
- Choose a file from your local file system and click on Open.
- The file should be successfully uploaded and listed in the screen with the below information :
- File Name
- Modified Date
- Action buttons (Export/Delete)
- To Export any file listed in the Files screen for an Asset, click on the Export icon for the File and save it to your system.
- Click on the Trash icon for the file and agree to the Delete confirmation message to delete the uploaded file successfully.
Note: Any file deleted cannot be re uploaded.
- Click on the checkbox against each File name and click on Delete Selected along with agreeing to the Delete confirmation message for multiple file deletion.Click on the checkbox against File name row to select all the listed files in the screen and click on Delete Selected along with agreeing to the Delete confirmation message to delete them successfully.
4. Use the Date Picker field on the screen to filter a file from the list.
5. The Search text field also help you to look for a file by entering a keyword.
Click on the Log tab to view manage the Asset logs.
Any updates made to the Asset is recorded as a log in this screen along with the ability to Edit and Delete the log record.
The Log information is displayed with the below field information's :
- Type - It has 3 categories as Change,Alert,User Entry
The first two categories are logged automatically whenever there is a change done to the Asset and there is a Alert notification for the Asset.
While the User Entry is logged manually.
- Log - It provides the Log description
- Date - It provides the logged date
- User Id- It provides the User Id information who made the changes.
The Change and Alert Logs cannot be modified as they are generated by the system.
Add New Log
Follow the below steps to add a new log :
- Click on the New button on the top of the log table in the screen.
- In the New Asset Log form ,enter a Description for the Log.
3. Click on Submit button to save the log successfully.
4. The new log would now be listed in the Log list.
Follow the below steps to manage the User Entry logs :
- Click on the Edit icon for the Log ,to Edit the log description in the Edit Asset Log form.
2. Click on the Trash icon for the the Log and agree to the Delete Confirmation message to delete the log for the Asset successfully.
Follow the below steps to download the Asset Logs :
- Click on the Download Logs button on the screen.
- In the Download log form ,select the Log list Pages (All/Custom) to choose logs from.
- Click on the Submit button to export the Asset logs of the chosen pages to your local system.