Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Data Input is an Interactive widget that allows you to enter contextual data manually, directly from a dashboard.
Below is an example of a Data Input widget.
To add the Data Input widget, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select the Data Input widget from Interactive type as shown below.
3. Navigate to the Configure Your Data Input table screen to configure all data input widget parameters.
4. Find a metric of interest. You can look for a metric in two ways:
- browsing through the structure of assets and their metric (shown above);
- searching by asset and metric name (shown below);
5. Note that you can search for different types of metrics that are designed for manual data input: Singular, Interval, and Constant. Use appropriate tabs below search windows to switch between different types.
6. Once you have found the metric of interest you can drag and drop it to the next Data Sets panel. the preview panel is showing content as it will appear inside the Data Input widget on your dashboard. In the example below, we are adding "SAG Mill - Shift Metric" to the widget.
7. To further customize the widget you can edit the metric name as it appears within the widget.
8. To edit the graph title just click on it in the Preview panel and the editing window will open as shown below.
9. After selecting metrics, editing metric names, and modifying chart title the widget is ready to be added to your dashboard. To do so please click the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
10. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Add/Edit Contextual Data to brains.app
- To add a manual entry for a metric to brains.app , click on the Add icon, and enter the required value.
- To edit the manual entry click the Edit icon (or Add icon for a singular value) for the entry of interest and use the edit form to update/add entries as shown below.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).