Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Box Plot is a Statistical widget that displays statistical variance of metric values across the current time period. It displays following five-number summary (plus mean):
Median - the middle value of the metrics values;
Mean - the arithmetic mean of the metrics values;
1st Quartile - is the median of the lower half of the metrics values;
3rd Quartile - is the median of the upper half of the metric value;
9th centile - the value below which 9% of values fall;
91st centile - the value below which 91% of values fall.
Below is an example of Box Plot widget.
To add the Box plot widget, please follow the below steps:
Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select Box Plot widget from Statistical type as shown below.
3. In the next Widget Configuration screen we can configure all Box Plot widget parameters.
4. Set a title for the Box Plot, optionally set Significant Figures and Size parameters as shown below.
5. Define a group of metrics to display in the widget. This is done by assigning each metric of interest to a different Slot within the widget. Each Slot will be displayed as a separate box plot on the chart.
6. Marked by red in the above picture is Slot's name which will appear in the legend for the Range widget. Slot's name will be auto-generated based on asset name or can be manually edited using Name edit window in Slot Options panel.
7. To assign an asset to Slot 1 you first find it in the Assets panel, select it (marked by green in the above picture), and then click on the Asset window in the Slot Options panel (marked green as well). Selected Asset name will be copied automatically.
8. To assign metric to Slot 1 you first find it in the Metrics panel, select it (marked by blue in the above picture), and then click on Metric window in Slot Options panel (marked blue as well). Selected Metric name will be copied automatically.
Note: list of metrics in the Metrics panel is filtered by an asset currently selected in the Asset panel.
9. Repeat the same process for all metrics you would like to see in the Box Plot widget, create a new Slot for each new metric using the Add Slot button. Each time you complete the Slot definition please click the Update button at the bottom of the Slot editing panel. This allows you to see a preview of the new widget in the Preview panel at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
10. Once all data Slots are defined (and performance ranges configured) you can use the Save button at the bottom-right corner of the Widget Configuration screen to add a new Box Plot widget to your dashboard.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).