Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Distribution is a Statistical widget that displays a (smoothed) histogram of metric values across the current time period. Values are sorted into "bins" of set sizes and the number of values in a bin determines the height of distribution at that point.
Below is an example of Distribution widget where x-axis represents the range of values for selected metric and y-axis shows number of points in a particular bin.
To add the Distribution widget, please follow the below steps:
Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select the Distribution widget from the Statistical type as shown below.
3. In the next Widget Configuration screen we can configure all Distribution widget parameters.
4. Set Title and Bin Size for the Distribution widget, optionally set Significant Figures, Y-Axis Label, and Size parameters as shown below.
5. Select a metric to display in the widget. This is done by assigning metrics of interest to a data Slot for it.
In the example below, we are defining a slot for metric "702-5153-LEVEL-PV" that belongs to asset "RD:702-5153".
6. Marked by red in the above picture is the Slot's name. It will be auto-generated based on asset name or can be manually edited using the Name edit window in the Slot Options panel.
7. To assign an asset to Slot 1 you first find it in the Assets panel, select the desired asset (marked by green in the above picture), and then click on the Asset window in the Slot Options panel (marked green as well). Selected Asset name will be copied automatically.
8. To assign metric to Slot 1 you first find it in the Metrics panel, select it (marked by blue in the above picture), and then click on Metric window in Slot Options panel (marked blue as well). Selected Metric name will be copied automatically.
Note: list of metrics in the Metrics panel is filtered by an asset currently selected in the Asset panel.
9. When you complete the Slot definition please click the Update button at the bottom of the Slot editing panel. This allows you to see a preview of the new widget in the Preview panel at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
10. Once the widget is configured you can use the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to add a new Distribution widget to your dashboard.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).