Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Text Value is a Live widget that displays the latest metric value as numeric and text.
To add the Text Value widget, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select Text Value widget from Live type as shown below.
3. In the next Widget Configuration screen we can configure all Text Value widget parameters including title, significant figures, size, and data slots as shown below.
4. The first step is to set the title for the Text Value and optionally set Significant Figures as shown below.
5. Next step is to select a metric to display in the widget. This is done by assigning metrics of interest to a data Slot for it.
In example below, we are defining a slot for metric "Sag Mill Residence Time (SAG) (Material Model) (Filtered)" that belongs to asset "Material Model (SAG Mill)".
6. Marked by red in the above picture is the Slot's name. It will be auto-generated based on asset name or can be manually edited using the Name edit window in the Slot Options panel.
7. To assign an asset to Slot 1 you first find it in the Assets panel, select the desired asset (marked by green in the above picture), and then click on the Asset window in the Slot Options panel (marked green as well). Selected Asset name will be copied automatically.
8. To assign metric to Slot 1 you first find it in the Metrics panel, select it (marked by blue in the above picture), and then click on Metric window in Slot Options panel (marked blue as well). Selected Metric name will be copied automatically.
Note: list of metrics in Metrics panel is filtered by an asset currently selected in Asset panel.
9. When you complete the Slot definition please click the Update button at the bottom of the Slot editing panel. This allows you to see preview of the new widget in the Preview panel at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
10. Once widget is configured you can use Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to add new Text Value widget to your dashboard.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).
- How do I add and manage dashboard widgets?
- What is brains.app dashboard and how do I add a new one?
- What is an Asset Hierarchy in brains.app?