Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
Scatter Plot is a comparison widget for a selected pair of metrics that belongs to the Analysis category. This widget best suited to visualize the relationship between the two metrics.
To add the Scatter plot widget, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the Plus icon(Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select the Scatter Plot widget from Analysis type as shown below.
3. In the next Widget Configuration screen we can configure all Scatter Plot widget parameters including title, significant figures, size, and data slots as shown below.
4. First step is to set a title for the Scatter Plot, optionally set Significant Figures and Size parameters as shown below.
5. Next step is to define a pair of metrics to display in the widget. This is done by assigning metrics of interest to a data Slot for the widget.
In the example below, we are defining a slot for metrics "Power (SAG Mill)" and "Mill Weight (SAG Mill)" that belong to asset "SAG Mill".
6. Marked by red in the above picture is Slot's name which will appear in the legend for the Scatter Plot widget when it is maximized. Slot's name will be auto-generated based on asset name or can be manually edited using Name edit window in Slot Options panel.
7. To assign an asset to Slot 1 you first find it in the Assets panel, select it (marked by green in the above picture) and then click on the Asset window in the Slot Options panel (marked green as well). Selected Asset name will be copied automatically.
8. To assign the first metric to Slot 1 you first find it in the Metrics panel, select it (marked by blue in the above picture), and then click on the Metric window in the Slot Options panel (marked blue as well). Selected Metric name will be copied automatically.
9. Repeat the above steps to assign the second metric to Slot 1 (marked by magenta in the above picture).
Note: list of metrics in the Metrics panel is filtered by an asset currently selected in the Asset panel.
10. Each time you complete the Slot definition please click the Update button at the bottom of the Slot editing panel. This allows you to see the preview of the new widget in the Preview panel at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
11. Once the widget is configured click on the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to add the new Scatter Plot widget to your dashboard.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).
- How do I add and manage dashboard widgets?
- What is brains.app dashboard and how do I add a new one?
- What is an Asset Hierarchy in brains.app?