Applies to brains.app platform.
Users who can do this: All Users.
A Multi-line widget is a time series graph widget that belongs to the Analysis category. It is capable of visualizing multiple time series simultaneously. Source metrics for multi-line graphs can have different measurement units. This widget best suited to visualize multiple continuous-time data streams, tracking changes and trends as well as relationships between selected metrics.
To add a Multi-line widget, please follow the below steps:
Click on the Plus icon (Add Widget) from the dashboard toolbar located in the top-right corner of brains.app window as shown below.
2. In the Select Widget Type screen select the Multi-line widget from the Analysis type as shown below.
3. In the next Configure your multi-unit line graph screen we can configure all multi-line widget parameters.
4. First step is to find metrics of interest. You can look for metrics in two ways:
browsing through the structure of assets and their metric (shown above);
searching by asset and metric name (shown below);
5. Once you have found the metric of interest you can drag and drop it to the next Data Sets panel. You can repeat this process for multiple metrics. The preview panel is showing a graph as it will appear inside Multi-line widget on your dashboard. In the example below, we are building Multi-line graphs for two Thickener metrics:
Torque (Rake) and Percent Solids (Feed).
6. Unit of measurements on the graph (seen on the Preview panel) will be set to units of the first metric in the Data Sets panel.
7. To further customize the widget you can edit the metric name as it appears in legend and modify the graph title.
8. To edit metric name for the graph legend hover mouse over the metric name in the Data Sets panel and click on the Pencil icon to open the edit window as shown below.
9. Add a graph title by clicking on it in the Preview panel.
10. After selecting metrics, editing metrics' name in graph's legend, and modifying chart title the widget is ready to be added to your dashboard. To do that please click the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Note: By default, widget size is set to smallest. Please use Size controls in the widget configuration menu to adjust its appearance on the dashboard as shown above.
Learn more about different widget types (Analysis, LIVE, Statistical, Advanced, and Interactive).