Applies to: brains.app Platform
Users who can do this: Administrator
Note: The general administration of metrics is described in the article Administrating metrics.
What is a MANUAL metric?
A MANUAL metric is a metric using MANUAL as its source in the metric's configuration.
This metric type allows users to add/upload/record metric data manually in brains.app.
This type of metric returns manual values entered by a user.
Learn more about How to record Manual Metric data manually in brains.app.
ADD Manual Metric
To add a Constant metric to brains.app, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the administration icon on the left navigation panel to open the Admin menu.
- Click on Metric Admin in the menu to access the Administrate Metric screen.
- Click on the ADD METRIC button to add a new metric to brains.app
- Fill in the below field details in the New Metric form:
- Name: Type a metric name as described in the article How to name a metric?
- Unit: Select the unit of measurement for this metric.
- Icon: Select an icon to represent this metric.
- Source: Select the data source to be MANUAL.
- Value: Enter the value of this constant metric.
- Cumulative: Tick the checkbox, if this value needs to be cumulated.
Learn More about which units of measurements allow cumulation here- Cumulative metrics.
- Color: Select a color for this metric label.
- Mongo Metric Name: Set it to the same value as Name.
- Interpolation types: Choose
None if you want to enter discrete values,
Hold if you want to interpolate the values between points.
Data Interpolation Hold is the process of estimating unknown values, by constructing new data points within the range of a discrete set of known data points.
- Click on the CONFIRM button, to add the new metric successfully.