Note: A brains.app Administrator can perform this.
Data Interpolation is the process of estimating unknown values by constructing new data points within the range of a discrete set of known data points. To put it simply, when data is interpolated, a straight line is constructed between two known data points (see visualization below).
When you enter a contextual data point and want to hold that value until the next change, apply the Interpolation-HOLD, so you can see it on the trends for easier evaluation and differentiation.
This option exists only for MANUAL data type and can be selected for new and existing metrics alike.
To set the Interpolation Type for a metric, follow the steps below:
Go to Administrate Metric and find a metric with the MANUAL data source.
Tip: 🔍Type MANUAL in the Search field to filter all the MANUAL data type metrics.
2. Click on the 🖍 Edit icon to view the metric details.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find the Interpolation Type field.
5. Click on the field and choose an Interpolation Type from the dropdown menu.
HOLD: Sustains the value of the most recent data point and repeats it.
NONE: Treats a data point as a single entry.
6. Press the Confirm button to save the changes.
7. You can check the current interpolation status for any manual metric in the Interpolation Type column.
To verify the applied Interpolation type, go to a user-defined dashboard and add a Line graph widget for the metric.
You can now manipulate the metric data by using a Data Input Widget and analyze the trends with the Line graph.