brains.genius is referred to as a sequence of messages to guide you around the application, to help customers discover the product’s value and show them how to use it.
It is a great way to:
- Announce new features.
- Onboard new users to the product.
- Proactively support users with step-by-step guides.
- Re-engaging inactive customers
Plan your brains.genius
- brains.genius are ideal for explaining a process that’s achieved in one go and doesn’t take longer than a few minutes, For example, sharing the overview of a brains.app screen. While for longer tasks, an in-app message with a supporting article from Help Center is a better fit.
- Know your audience for whom you want to build the tour, it could be a set of users for a particular brains.app environment or general information for all users.
- Give your tour a short title and description and choose to send your tour from any teammate.
- Log in to the brains.app environment, on which you want to build the tour before starting to design.
Design your brains.genius
- First, go to Outbound, then choose 'Product Tours'.
- Click to create a new tour.
Note: You can choose to create a tour from scratch, or duplicate an existing tour.
3. Create a tour, by clicking on ‘Add steps'.
4. In the new window the Tour builder, add the brains.app web URL you’d like to build the tour on.
Note: For any platform feature the testing environment (testing.intellisense.io) is used to build the tour, while for any application-specific feature the respective Production environments can be used.
This URL is just for building your tour - it’s not the target URL where you’ll show your tour to customers. You can choose the page and target user rules in a later step.
5. Once you’ve added a URL, click the ‘Open website’ to start building your tour.
6. Go to the specific page in your application where you’d like to start building your tour. Then, click ‘Begin tour here’.
7. Create your tour’s messages, by choosing the message type.
8. There are three types of messages to choose from :
Post - Perfect to draw the user's attention at the start, or any general information.
Pointer - Direct the user's attention to a specific website element and showing them how to use the app.
Video pointer - Engage users with short videos instead of texts.
9. The Message posts can be added directly, as it is not specific to a web element. And shows in the middle of the page.
10. Once pointed to an element, add content to your pointer and choose the progression type for the step which can be either the Next button, click on a web element or fill in the field.
11. You can embed images or videos in your messages to make them more engaging.
12. To give your customers a comprehensive tour, you should create a sequence of messages. You can use any combination of posts, pointers, and video pointers to build the best tour for your customers.
13. Once you’ve finished creating your tour, you can easily preview it to see how it appears to the app users.
14. To finish your tour , post a message of the current achievement with links to further documentation or how to get in touch with you.
Great Job !
You have successfully subscribed to the Report.
If you need help with anything else,you can chat with us in the Messanger or check out Help Canter.
16. Click ‘Save and close’ to save your tour successfully.
Test your brains.genius
It’s important to test the tour to ensure it sends correctly, before sharing it with the customers.
Set up your tour to send to you only
To test automatic targeting, ensure only you can see it by adding your own email address as an audience rule.
To test sharing, turn on the ‘Use tour everywhere’ step, and use the sharing URL to test it internally.
Copy the web URL as below
testing.intellisense.io/dashboard?product_tour_id=150331 and paste it in the browser to start the tour in brains.app.
Note: Tours set up to show automatically will only deliver once per user so you’ll need to sign in as a new user each time you want to test the tour.
What else should you test?
- Ensure you’ve chosen the correct web elements to point your message at.
- When setting up automatic targeting and sharing, ensure your tour shows on a URL that customers can access (the brains.app environment).
Publish your brains.genius
- Set up automatic targeting and sharing your tour, by choosing the correct application URL to be sent to.
2. Select your target audience in the application who will receive this tour, by using the filter rules like Company Name, Mine Site, Job Title, or Persona.
3. Finally, click on Set LIVE to publish your tour.
Note: Tours must be published before your customers can see them.
- Always give the users a comprehensive tour, with a sequence of messages with no more than 5-6 steps. This ensures engaging users while holding on to their interests.
- Introduce your tours with a post.
- Use video pointer with GIF,Loom videos to share a complex step instead of adding multiple pointers steps to explain the same.
- Preview the tour to ensure the steps and progression are correct before publishing them to the customers.
- Check the tour Performance regularly in the first few days to identify anything you may need to fix.