Performance testing is split into two parts:
- Load testing is the process of putting load (Number of Users) and checking the response of Brains.app to check it's behaviour under a defined load conditions.
Load performance testing is specific to each deployment, please contact the Support/Fields operation team with your load requirements and we'll get back to you shortly with the results of handling your request.
- Stress testing aims to determine the maximum sudden high load for a considerable duration that causes the software to crash. This testing is carried out on the brains.app master branch.
There are three variables in this type of testing:
- Number of users online at the same time
- The time allowed (in seconds) for a scenario to be completed
- The number of time the test loops/repeats
Stress testing is split into two types of scenarios
- Simple full scenarios can accept: 30 users in 20 sec for 1 loop.
- Heavy full scenarios can accept: 25 users in 20 sec for 1 loop.
Any end to end flow for one scenario varies to accept: 50 users in 20 sec for 1 loop.
Current Release Performance Testing Status
Definition for each of these variable below: